Sunday, February 6, 2011

I LOVE ADIDAS

Well atleast it was sunny for a few days this week...sigh...The rain came back in a very nasty fashion on Thursday.  Just in time for my hill workout! 

The SFU team practices at 330pm on thursdays, so I often go in the morning on my own, or usually with Rebecca and Julia.  So this last Thursday it was just me and becs (and coach brit with her umbrella and big warm coat). Juila was sick:( We met at Horizons on Burnaby Mountain (SFU, basically).  It was maybe 2C and absolutely pouring down rain. We warmed up for 20 minutes and were still cold and now completely soaked!  We skipped most of our stretching, did some quick drills and strides and jumped right into hills.  I did 20 mins continuous hills- run up hard, back down moderate.  The "Big Hill" is about 1 min and the "Small Hill" is about 30 seconds.  I did 10 mins of both.  I felt ok, but my muscles just weren't warming up!  Right after we jogged over to to the terf soccer field  (5 min jog).  We did 3 times 40,30,15 with 20 seconds between each and 1:30 rest after one set.  When we finished all I could think about was how much I just wanted to go home and get warm in the shower!!!  We skipped the 15-20 min warm down, as we were already freezing and just jogged 5 mins back to our cars.  It was a miserable day for running, but thank god I had becs there to run with me....otherwise I would have never gotten through it!

 This was taken right after practice...."drowned rat tasha"

Friday was my rest day, which I enjoyed very much.  I got a lovely package from Adidas filled with lots of awesome clothes and shoes!!!  It was like christmas morning!!!  I had emailed my friend Darren who works for Adidas a couple of weeks ago and asked him if they could help me out with some gear and shoes.  He said no problem and totally hooked me up!  I got three pairs of shoes and a bunch of super nice running clothes.  THANK-YOU ADIDAS!!!!  


Yesterday (Saturday), I did a workout at Mundy park on my own (Jules and Becs were both not feeling great).  Mundy park is one of my favorite places to run.  Its all bulk murch trails with lots of hills (big and small).  The perimeter loop is about 5k, but there are tons of different trails you can take.  My workout was:


24 min warm up, drills and strides.
5 min hard, 3 min moderate, 7 min hard, 3 min moderate, 5 min hard.
15 min warm down.


It was a good workout. I felt great today, but didn't over-do it.  I was also happy it wasn't raining:)


Today, sunday, it was raining again....luckily not nearly as bad as Thursday, but enough to get me wet and make my hair a rat's nest by the end.  I ran 80 mins with Becs at Burnaby Lake....It was a good run!  I always enjoy sunday morning runs!


Only 10 days till we leave from Trinidad for NACACs!!!  I'm very excited!!!!


Ok bye bye! TRAIN HARD AND HAVE FUN!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment